Fitness assessments are performed as part of all proposed appointments of management or supervisory board members at supervised institutions, or if incumbent management or supervisory board members change position or remit within the same institution. Fitness assessments are specific to the position. This means that the assessment considers i) the specific position of the candidate ii) the nature, size, complexity and risk profile of the institution and iii) the composition and functioning of the board as a whole.
Initial assessment – assessing fitness
- Relevant for:
- ban, css, ci, cis, emi, wi, in, if, pi, pf, ppf, to
- 13 july 2017
When assessing fitness, De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) determines whether a candidate has sufficient relevant knowledge and skills and displays the required professional behaviour to perform the job. We establish this based on education, work experience and competencies.
- Related topics
- Related Q&A
- Account information services provision and other business activities
- [For consultation][Closed] Draft Q&A on recognition of risk mitigation techniques using reinsurance contracts in the Solvency II Standard Formula
- Assessment Framework for DNB Information Security Examination
- Procedure for international individual value transfer to a non-EU/non-EEA institution
- Related Downloads