We assess the fitness of candidates for pension funds based on seven fields of expertise from the Policy Rule on Fitness 2012 (Dutch only):
- Organisational management
- compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- pension schemes and types
- financial and actuarial aspects, including funding, investments, actuarial principles and reinsurance
- administrative organisation and internal control system
The Policy Rule also states sixteen competencies, including independence, persuasiveness, cooperativeness, decisiveness, helicopter view and judgement. Different positions require different competencies. Candidates therefore do not need to possess all sixteen competencies.